Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a favorite of my brother-in-law. The cooking time is actually the chilling time.
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup beer
- Reserve one cup of the shredded cheese.
- In a medium bowl use a handmixer to combine the rest of the ingredients (to make sure they are mixed well).
- Push the mixture together in the center of the bowl and refrigerate for atleast two hours.
- Place a large piece of Saran Wrap on the counter and sprinkle remaining cheese on it.
- Place lump of cheese in the center of it and roll to form a ball - you may need a little extra cheese to cover.
- Wrap the ball in Saran Wrap and chill for atleast an hour.
- Serve with crackers.
Actually made this last summer and forgot to rate it. I thought it was great! No leftovers whatsoever. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting this recipe.