Recipe by redwine
Easy to assemble quick bread that's much less expensive to make than those mixes we buy at home parties. This one doesn't rise too high but it's hearty and great to serve with soup and salad meals. Recipe doesn't state, but I use beer that's at room temp.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces beer
- butter (optional) or honey (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add beer, mix until evenly moist.
- Spread batter in an oiled loaf pan and bake at 400 until browned and sides begin to pull from edges of pan, about 45 minutes.
- Invert onto rack. Serve warm with otional butter and honey. This will store well wrapped at room temp for a day. If keeping longer, cool, wrap and freeze.