Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The perfect munchies for watching ball games on the weekend, these soft pretzel sticks are equally good as soup and salad accompaniments.
- 787.84 ml whole wheat bread flour
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dried oregano, crushed
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml dried onion flakes
- 177.44 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 177.44 ml beer
- Stir together the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a bowl.
- Stir together oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion and cheese in another bowl.
- Divide ingredients among 2 16 oz beer bottles or jars layering if bottles are clear.
- Attach this to the Jar:.
- Beer Pretzels.
- Place jar contents in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in half of a 12-ounce can or bottle of beer (3/4 cups).
- Knead on lightly floured surface till smooth.
- Cover and let rest in warm place till doubled (about 45 minutes).
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface into a 10x6 inch rectangle, and cut length-wise into six 1 inch wide strips.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place till nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
- Bake on the top rack of a 400° oven about 8 minutes till lightly golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.