Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The perfect munchies for watching ball games on the weekend, these soft pretzel sticks are equally good as soup and salad accompaniments.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a bowl.
- Stir together oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion and cheese in another bowl.
- Divide ingredients among 2 16 oz beer bottles or jars layering if bottles are clear.
- Attach this to the Jar:.
- Beer Pretzels.
- Place jar contents in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in half of a 12-ounce can or bottle of beer (3/4 cups).
- Knead on lightly floured surface till smooth.
- Cover and let rest in warm place till doubled (about 45 minutes).
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface into a 10x6 inch rectangle, and cut length-wise into six 1 inch wide strips.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place till nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
- Bake on the top rack of a 400° oven about 8 minutes till lightly golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.