Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Don't remember where I got this one. Better than other pretzel recipes I have tried.
- 1 1⁄2 cups beer, warm (105-115F)
- 1 teaspoon yeast (1 package)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour, unsifted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Pour beer into a large bowl and sprinkle yeast and sugar on top and stir until dissolved.
- Mix in flour.
- Form a ball.
- Knead until elastic and smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl. Cover. Rise till double, about 1 hour.
- Punch down.
- Form pretzels from 1/4-1/2 diameter ropes.
- Place on silpat lined sheets (original recipe called for foil lined greased sheets).
- Brush with eggs and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
These were really good and easy to make. I let rise again for 20-30 mins after shaping.