Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious and quick way to cook this tasty fish.
- 4 salmon steaks, 1-inch thick
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 -4 peppercorns
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon parsley, minced
- In a skillet, combine beer, lemon juice, onion, celery, salt, bay leaf and peppercorns. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add salmon steaks, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Combine ingredients for tarragon mayonnaise and chill. Serve with salmon.
This was really good. I used Newcastle to poach the salmon, next time I may try a different beer. Mayo was tasty.
My partner and I really liked the moistness of the salmon; but despite the aromatic additions to the poaching liquid, it was quite bland. I love the delicate, but rich taste of salmon and it really did shine through. Still, all in all, a nice recipe!