Recipe by Dwynnie
I really need to work on better names for my recipes! This is a good one-pot dinner that I made from pantry ingredients. (Yes, I generally have goat cheese around the house!) It is a little similar to a couple of other recipes, but with slightly different seasoning. I hope that you like it!
- 8 ounces halibut steaks
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 large potato, diced
- 6 ounces frozen green beans
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow pan that will just fit the halibut steaks, combine the beer and seasonings.
- Put the halibut steaks in the pan and surround with the diced potato.
- Bring the beer to a boil and reduce heat. Cook 15 minutes or until the potato is almost soft.
- Add the green beans on top of the fish and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve the fish on a bed of green beans and diced potato with the crumbled goat cheese on top.