Easy way to poach your halibut steaks, the veggies & beer enhances the flavor of the halibut
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the halibut steaks in one layer in a skillet with a lid.
- 2Add all the other ingredients except the onion& butter.
- 3Bring to a boil covered reduce heat and cook 1 minute.
- 4Strain off 1 cup of liquid, put the lid back on the skillet, remove from heat source and allow the fish to finish cooking 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the halibut (the steam inside the skillet will be enough to finish cooking the fish).
- 5Meanwhile bring the cup of liquid to a boil, reduce heat and cook uncovered until the liquid is reduced to apprx 1/3 cup, add the onions& whisk in the butter.
- 6Remove the halibut from the skillet (it should be opaque and flake easily when touched with a fork).
- 7Serve the sauce over the halibut steaks.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer poached Halibut
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.4
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 101.2 mg
- Sodium 328.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 37.9 g