Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Take a look under the lid once it starts to knead the dough, humidity can alter the doughs texture, it should be slightly sticky but soft and elastic, if it is too sticky then add in a little flour on top of the dough and watch to see if the dough is the correct texture, if the dough is too dry then add in 1 teaspoon water at a time until it is right, if possible leave the unopened bottle or can of beer in a warm sunny spot before using :)
- 236.59 ml beer, room temperature (or use water)
- 14.79 ml soft shortening (or use olive oil)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 650.62 ml white flour (unbleached flour is fine)
- 6.16 ml dry yeast
- Place the 6 ingredients in order listed into the bread pan (starting with the beer).
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for using the dough setting.
- Remove dough from bread pan, cover with clean tea towel and let rest 5 minutes.
- Roll and shape dough into a round.
great pizza dough.you have to use the olive oil and beer.if you like thick crust this dough rises.crispy outside and soft inside.advise-rub olive oil on pizza pan an sprinkle corn meal on topof pan ,place dough, bake for about 5 mins without antything on pizza take out then add sauce and toppings.great
I just deleted all the other pizza crust recipes in my cookbook. This is the only one I will need from now on. Made it for friends last night and I had to email them all the recipe after supper. Yum!
Best pizza I've ever made! My bread machine was busy with a different recipe, so I made this in my stand mixer and it turned out great! I'll try the bread machine next time. I baked it at 450 for 4 minutes, then added toppings, then baked 10 minutes more. Crust was perfectly crispy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. DW loved it, too!