Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Take a look under the lid once it starts to knead the dough, humidity can alter the doughs texture, it should be slightly sticky but soft and elastic, if it is too sticky then add in a little flour on top of the dough and watch to see if the dough is the correct texture, if the dough is too dry then add in 1 teaspoon water at a time until it is right, if possible leave the unopened bottle or can of beer in a warm sunny spot before using :)
Top Review by lullyb
great pizza dough.you have to use the olive oil and beer.if you like thick crust this dough rises.crispy outside and soft inside.advise-rub olive oil on pizza pan an sprinkle corn meal on topof pan ,place dough, bake for about 5 mins without antything on pizza take out then add sauce and toppings.great
- 1 cup beer, room temperature (or use water)
- 1 tablespoon soft shortening (or use olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups white flour (unbleached flour is fine)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the 6 ingredients in order listed into the bread pan (starting with the beer).
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for using the dough setting.
- Remove dough from bread pan, cover with clean tea towel and let rest 5 minutes.
- Roll and shape dough into a round.