Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a fast easy pizza crust. Makes two large crusts, or one large calzone with top and bottom crust.I use the cheapest beer I can find.
- In metal mixing bowl, add flour and salt. Mix.
- In large glass mixing cup add yeast.
- Then warm water, not lukewarm, warmer.
- Stir. Add sugar slowly, and stir once.
- It should start to bubble. That is called proofing.
- Pour yeast mixture into flour mixture and slightly stir and add the can of beer. Mix.
- Add more flour if necessary. I have found I need about 1/3 cup more flour but it seems to depend on the weather. The dough should stay together when pressed. Separate into two portions. Pack each portion togetrher with your hands.
- Preheat over 425*.
- Spray Pam on two pizza pans.
- Place each portion in the pan. Oil your fingers and press the dough from the middle out until the pan is covered. Don't worry if it looks a little uneven, that is ok. If you want to prick with a fork you may.
- Bake about 7- 10 minutes. Take out.
- Note: This prevents soggy crusts.
- Add any toppings. Bake until crust is slightly brown and toppings are hot and cheese melted. Usually 15 minutes,.