Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a fast easy pizza crust. Makes two large crusts, or one large calzone with top and bottom crust.I use the cheapest beer I can find.
- In metal mixing bowl, add flour and salt. Mix.
- In large glass mixing cup add yeast.
- Then warm water, not lukewarm, warmer.
- Stir. Add sugar slowly, and stir once.
- It should start to bubble. That is called proofing.
- Pour yeast mixture into flour mixture and slightly stir and add the can of beer. Mix.
- Add more flour if necessary. I have found I need about 1/3 cup more flour but it seems to depend on the weather. The dough should stay together when pressed. Separate into two portions. Pack each portion togetrher with your hands.
- Preheat over 425*.
- Spray Pam on two pizza pans.
- Place each portion in the pan. Oil your fingers and press the dough from the middle out until the pan is covered. Don't worry if it looks a little uneven, that is ok. If you want to prick with a fork you may.
- Bake about 7- 10 minutes. Take out.
- Note: This prevents soggy crusts.
- Add any toppings. Bake until crust is slightly brown and toppings are hot and cheese melted. Usually 15 minutes,.
This was a good pizza crust. Super easy to make and handle. Might not be the best crust I've ever had, but since it was still really tasty and easy to make, it'll probably end up being my go-to crust for a while now.
I was looking for a new pizza crust recipe to try and made this last night - it was absolutely delicious, easy and quick to make, and the dough was so easy to work with! I have tried alot over the years, but have found the one I have been looking for! Quick update, after making this several times, homemade pizza has returned to our house every week or two after 20+ years, and alot of delivieries! You cannot mess this one up!