Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great filling pizza that I have been enjoying since my childhood. Now my husband requests it often.
- 1⁄2 lb pepperoni, cut in small pieces
- 1 lb bacon, cut in pieces
- 1 (284 ml) can mushrooms, drained (can use fresh if preferred)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 15 inch pizza crusts
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In large skillet brown pepperoni and bacon in oil.
- Drain and set aside.
- Saute mushrooms, green peppers and onions until soft.
- Add all other ingredients except cheese and stir well, simmering for 15 minutes.
- Divide sauce between 2 pizzas and cover with cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
A very unique way to make pizza. As this was cooking, I wasn't too sure about how it would turn out, but we loved the end result! I only wanted to make one pizza, so I froze half of the sauce to use in the future for a quick pizza.
Very tasty pizza and my family loved it. Will try again.