Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Almost your traditional broccoli salad. It's a little different.
Make and share this Beer-Nut Broccoli Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Cut broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Mix broccoli, onions raisins, beer nuts and sunflower seeds in a salad bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise sugar and vinegar together.
- Toss salad with mayonnaise mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with bacon right before serving.
This was different and a nice change. I found we preferred it the next day when the broccoli was a bit limper and the flavors had blended more. Next time I will try omitting the sugar. The sugar coating on the nuts dissolves & does add a lot of sweetness as do the raisins. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Wonderful! The beer nuts added an extra sweetness that I loved! This salad was very popular when I took it to work for my fellow teachers to try. Thanks for sharing. **Made for Fall PAC 2009**