Recipe by mydesigirl
This is good served with pretzels and sausage. I also like it on hot dogs/brats...YUM! *Note* Leaving the beer out overnight is not included in prep/cook time.
Top Review by the6-sranch
This recipe was really hard to rate because I think there might be an error in it. Adding 1 cup of brown sugar made it extremely sweet...as much as honey mustard, if not more. Other than that, it came together very well, was very easy to make, had a nice appearance, and a real depth of flavor. In fact, the flavors were wonderful enough that I want to make this again sometime without all the sugar. At the very most, I would put in a half cup of brown sugar. I should also mention that I was really happy to discover that this mustard was surprisingly spicy!
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 2 cups dry mustard
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour beer into small bowl, cover loosely and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- Whisk beer and remaining ingredients together in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat, cool to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.