Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
This is a sweet, dark and luscious-rich sauce that makes any piggie taste great, particularly ribs. It also works on chicken, and don't forget a grilled veggie kabob, with maybe summer squash, onions and peppers! If using on meat, brush on only during the last 15 minutes of grilling ... the sugar content can and will burn if applied too early.
Top Review by Marvin F.
This is a terrific bbq sauce recipe and is quite simple to put together. The only change that I made was adding 2 tablespoons of dried chopped onions(just a personal preference).
- 1 1⁄4 cups chili sauce (I use a 12 oz. jar of Homade chili sauce, my favorite)
- 3⁄4 cup light molasses
- 6 ounces bottles beer
- 2 tablespoons ballpark yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or 2 teaspoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons hickory-flavored liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper