Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 mins
A flavorable appetizer without the work.
- 1 (12 ounce) canof your favorite beer
- 1 (6 ounce) can spicy hot V8
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- Combine ground beef, onions, Italian breadcrumbs and eggs and mix well.
- Form beef mixture into small meatballs.
- Cook meatballs either by frying or baking.
- While meatballs are cooking, mix together the remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place meatballs into slow cooker, pour sauce over top and turn to low.
- Cook them for at least 3 hours but the longer the better for flavor to enhance.
- You can cook them up to six hours.
- Remember to stir them frequently.
- If the sauce is to thick, just stir in more ketchup or V-8 juice.
- To spice them up, add hot sauce.
I found it a little too sweet and ketchupy, but my husband loved it, so I'll definitely be making it again - although maybe with a little less ketchup.