Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Oh wow another Vegemite find! This is great for the Barbie! This is enough marinade for approx 6 x 200gr steaks. I have included marinade time in cooking time.
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegemite
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, finely chopped
- Combine the ingredients and pour over steaks.
- Marinate for at least, 2 hours or overnight in refrigerator, turning steaks occasionally.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and reserve marinade.
- BBQ your meat over a medium heat for desired time, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade until cooked to your liking. Serve immdeiately.
This marinade is awesome!! Both myself and hubby loved it.. As soon as the first bite was taken it was like yum the flavour that came through the steak was awesome. I bought the more expensive fillet cuts but it was just so tender and so full of flavour and sooo juicy.. I love my steak served with a sauce but this was gorgeous and needed no accompaniment.. I served ours over Tisme's Cauliflower Puree which was also gorgeous especially when watching the carb intake and spinach as the vegetable.. Totally delicious Tisme and one that we will be enjoying a thousand times over.. Perfect recipe!!! Totally loved by all and such a no fuss recipe for such a great result. :)
This was wonderful! I've used most of these ingredients in marinades before but the vegemite seened to give it a slight edge that really added to the flavour.