Recipe by Tisme
Oh wow another Vegemite find! This is great for the Barbie! This is enough marinade for approx 6 x 200gr steaks. I have included marinade time in cooking time.
Top Review by The Flying Chef
This marinade is awesome!! Both myself and hubby loved it.. As soon as the first bite was taken it was like yum the flavour that came through the steak was awesome. I bought the more expensive fillet cuts but it was just so tender and so full of flavour and sooo juicy.. I love my steak served with a sauce but this was gorgeous and needed no accompaniment.. I served ours over Tisme's Recipe#437302 which was also gorgeous especially when watching the carb intake and spinach as the vegetable.. Totally delicious Tisme and one that we will be enjoying a thousand times over.. Perfect recipe!!! Totally loved by all and such a no fuss recipe for such a great result. :)
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegemite
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the ingredients and pour over steaks.
- Marinate for at least, 2 hours or overnight in refrigerator, turning steaks occasionally.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and reserve marinade.
- BBQ your meat over a medium heat for desired time, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade until cooked to your liking. Serve immdeiately.