Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe courtesy Marcela Valladolid, 2009 - Show: Mexican Made Easy - Episode: Mexican Cookout
Make and share this Beer-Marinated Grilled Skirt Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1 orange, thinly sliced with peel
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, halved and smashed
- 2 1⁄4 lbs skirt steaks
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup light colored beer (preferably lager style)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- In a wide, shallow glass baking dish, scatter half of the orange slices, half of the onion slices and half of the garlic pieces on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle the steak all over with salt and pepper and put in the dish on top of the orange and onion slices. Scatter the remaining orance, onion and garlic over the steak and pour in the beer and soy sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Prepare a barbeque on medium-high heat or prepare a broiler. Remove themeat from the marinade and discard the marinade. Grill the steak to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Serve as desired.
- Grilled skirt steak sliced into strips is a great filling for tacos. Top with shredded cheese and beans, or use your favorite taco fillings.
Very nice flavored skirt steak!!! I think the addition of the garlic and onions really helped bring the flavor to this steak. The fresh orange slices and beer really helped to tenderize this steak. After marinating the steak, I took that sliced onions from the marinade and put them in a piece of heavy duty foil, that we added to the grill while cooking the steak, so good!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for "Name that Ingredient" Tag Game.