Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I made this for a friend's birthday dinner and it was so good my husband asked me to make again over the weekend. Easy, flavorful marinade for flank steak. I adapted this from Bon Appetit.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup lager beer (such as Heineken)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- Whisk first 7 ingredients in medium bowl, then whisk in beer. Pour marinade into large resealable plastic bag. Add steaks, seal bag, and chill 1 day, turning bag occasionally.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Alternatively, place steaks in hot grill pan or skillet and cook until well browned and thermometer inserted into center registers 125°F to 130°F for medium-rare, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer steaks to carving board and let rest 5 minutes.
- Slice steaks thinly across grain. Arrange on platter; spoon any accumulated juices over and serve.
So good! All the ingredients on hand and just had to buy a Heineken. Made in the house on my cast iron skillet and beautiful smell through the house. GREAT. Lolly