Recipe by Oolala
From the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook. This has lemon juice, garlic, onions, Worcestershire sauce, and some brown sugar. I substituted the brown sugar for Splenda's brown sugar. DH and I really enjoyed this marinade but the kids weren't as into it. I broiled mine and then finished it in a grill pan with the onions caramelizing beside it-YUM!
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup beer
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, from concentrate
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs flank steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet, cook onion and garlic in 1/4 cup of the oil until tender; remove from the heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, except the meat.
- Place the meat in a shallow baking dish and pour the marinade over it. Flip the meat over to coat and cover and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove meat from marinade and grill or broil to desired doness and baste the marinade while cooking.