Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 11 mins
Weber's Real Grilling
- 1 cup dark Mexican beer (Negra Modelo)
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 4 ounces each
- 6 flour tortillas (6-7 inches) or 6 corn tortillas (6-7 inches)
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Make marinade: in a small bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients.
- Place the thighs in a large plastic zip-lock bag and pour in the marinade.
- Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly.
- Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place the bag in a bowl, and refrigerate for 1-4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Make the guacamole: scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl; add the lime juice and salt.
- Using a fork, mash the ingredients together.
- Cover with plastic wrap, placing it directly on the surface to prevent browning, and refrigerate until about 1 hour before serving.
- Remove thighs from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Grill over Direct High heat until the meat is firm and juices run clear, 8-10 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Warm the tortillas over Direct Medium heat for about 1 minute, turning once.
- Pile the sliced chicken inside the tortillas; top each with a spoonful of guacamole; serve warm.