Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A great outdoor bar-b-que recipe--big hit with family and friends. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside
- 3 -4 lbs beef roast (sirloin, tri-tip, whatever)
- 1 cup beer (I always use DARK)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Place roast in a large zip-loc bag, and pour marinade over the top.
- Place in frige.
- Let marinate overnite.
- Remove the roast from the bag, reserving marinade.
- Cook on grill over indirect heat, brushing with reserved marinade periodically.
- Use a meat thermometer to cook to your preferred doneness (we like med rare).
This is an easy marinade that adds a wonderful flavor accent without over powering the taste of tender beef. I followed the directions as written using a Belgium dark ale and marinated the beef overnight. The flavor permeated the roast and provided a nice offset to the the crispy blackened surface. Thanks Elissa, we will enjoy this often.