Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can enjoy the flavors of Oktoberfest any time of year with this hearty bratwurst dish that cooks quickly on top of the stove. From Recipe.com
- 226.79 g thick-cut bacon, diced
- 453.59 g bratwurst, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 340.19 g can beer
- 297.66 g can condensed French onion soup
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 453.59 g package fresh sauerkraut, drained
- Cook bacon in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until the bacon is crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Pour off drippings.
- Add bratwurst and cook until it's well browned.
- Add beer, soup, brown sugar, sauerkraut and bacon. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the bratwurst reaches an internal temperature of 160°F stirring the mixture a few times while it's cooking.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.