Recipe by Gagoo
You can enjoy the flavors of Oktoberfest any time of year with this hearty bratwurst dish that cooks quickly on top of the stove. From Recipe.com
- 1⁄2 lb thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 lb bratwurst, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh sauerkraut, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until the bacon is crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Pour off drippings.
- Add bratwurst and cook until it's well browned.
- Add beer, soup, brown sugar, sauerkraut and bacon. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the bratwurst reaches an internal temperature of 160°F stirring the mixture a few times while it's cooking.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.