Recipe by dojemi
There are several techniques for preparing beer can chicken. We prefer it made just with basic seasonings.
- 1 (5 lb) broiler-fryer chickens
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- garlic pepper seasoning (I use McCormick's)
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken inside and out and pat dry.
- Sprinkle generously with the seasonings.
- Open the can of beer and pour off 1/4 cup.
- Place the can of beer, keeping it upright, into the rear cavity of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan, standing up on the beer can.
- cook for approximately 1 hour in a 350 degree oven.
- Chicken is done when the juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
- Carefully remove the beer can from the chicken using mitts and discard the can.
- Cut the chicken into halves or quarters.