Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Do you like spareribs...you will love my dad's marinade recipe ...It's really good and very easy to make.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups beer
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup honey, liquid
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 sparerib racks (pork baby back)
- Combine all ingredients and place in large ziploc bag.
- Marinate in fridge for 24 hours. Turn bag over several times.
- Drain the ribs, but reserve marinade for use while ribs are cooking.
- Cook ribs your favourite way, these are good baked in the oven or bbq on the grill.
I made as per recipe using what I think the Americans call country spare ribs and have to be honest and say I personally didn't care for the flavour but the DM and the DS thought they were great and even came back for seconds. I banked the for 45 minutes in the oven at 175C but think they may taste better if done on the B-B-Q.ank you Baby Kato, made for ZAAR Stars tag game.
I made these for the September 2010 Aussies/Kiwi Swap. They were so tasty I almost forgot to take a photo! Here are the last two. Very flavorful!
We really enjoyed this recipe! I don't make spareribs very often, but we were in the mood for them so these really hit the spot! I marinated them overnight. I did reduce the sauce as suggested by Elmotoo. Great flavor!