Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Even people who don't like beans love this recipe. I believe it came from Central Market.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 (15 1/2 ounce) cans white kidney beans, rinsed and drained (cannelini)
- 1 (12 ounce) can lager beer
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- Cook bacon till crisp and crumble (set aside).
- Add onion to the bacon drippings and cook till golden brown (about 6 minutes).
- Stir in beer, catsup, honey and brown mustard.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and reserved bacon, bring to a simmer.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and continue baking until the beans have absorbed most of the liquid and look glazed, about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.