Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a different spin on breakfast!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon butter
- For the griddle cakes: combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl; make a well in the center; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, oil and molasses.
- Add to dry ingredients along with beer; stir lightly, just until blended; batter will be slightly lumpy and slightly thick.
- Heat greased griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F; griddle is ready when a few drops of water bubble and skitter rapidly around.
- For each pancake, spoon about 2 tablespoons batter onto hot griddle and spread with back of spoon to 3 1/2 to 4-inches in diameter.
- Cook pancakes until puffed, bubbly and dry around edges.
- Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.
- For the Pilgrim Syrup: combine ingredients in small saucepan and bring to a boil; simmer, uncovered for 3 minutes.
I had some non-alcoholic beer to use and thought, for brekky, why not...these pancakes are delish..I used golden syrup in place of molasses and didn't do the syrup as I had some cinnamon butter on hand to use up, really nice pancake recipe!
This was awesome - very easy to make - beware a single batch will feed a family of 5 - very filling