- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 25 g plain flour
- 200 ml brown ale
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons marmite
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, heavey based saucepan.Add the onions, garlic & sugar & fry over a low heat for 25-30 mins, stirring occasionally, until the onionsare caramelised.
- Sprinkle with the flour & cook for 1 minute Gradually stir in the ale,stock & the marmite & bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat & simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until thickened.Keep warm until ready to serve.