Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy flavored potatoes.
Make and share this Beer-Flavored Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook potatoes in oil for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir in green pepper and onion; cook 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the beer, broth and brown sugar. Stir into vegetables.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cook 2 minutes longer.
These were just okay to me. Very simple to make but they were very mushy and a bit too sweet. I guess I prefer firmer, roasted potatoes. It also seemed like it would benefit a lot from having some garlic thrown in there too. Only sub was using veggie broth in place to beef to make the dish vegan.
Excellent! I don't usually like green pepper with my potatoes, but now I realized that maybe that's because it usually turns out to be dehydrated, where's this recipe makes it really moist, juicy and absolutely delicious. Yum!
pretty good. it was a nice change of pace from the "standard" ways of preparing potatoes. made for zwt6