Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is the best version of pulled pork I have ever made. The addition of beer really added some nice flavoring to it. I brought it into work and everyone raved about it.
- 4 -5 lbs boneless pork loin
- 6 ounces sam adams irish red ale
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 tablespoon famous dave's rib dry rub seasonings or 1 tablespoon marinade
- hickory chips, and a meat injector
- Trim excess fat off of pork loin.
- Mix together beer, juice, and rib rub, give time for rub to dissolve.
- Use meat injector and inject marinade all throughout the loin.
- Season outside of loin with rib rub.
- Pour excess marinade in pan and place loin in there.
- Utilize smoker and set temperature to 250 degrees, add wood 3 different times while cooking.
- Meat needs to reach 180-185 degrees, 6-7 hours approximately.
- Let cool and pull meat apart with two forks.
- Different beers could work, but Irish red ales are good for cooking. Avoid IPA's they make food very bitter. Light ales such as Coors will provide only minimal flavoring. Consider ones that blend well with apple flavoring.
- I am sure you could do this in a crockpot, but you would lose out on some of the smoke flavor. You could add a little liquid smoke to provide some of that flavoring.