Recipe by Wildflower5656
My favorite pizza...my father and I used to make it together when I was little. Simple, easy, and so much better than store-bought!
Top Review by Susiecat too
This was very good! I could taste the flavor of the beer (I used Fat Tire ale) but I bet if you didn't know it was there, you might not be able to identify the taste. The crust had a notable sweetness from the sugar, which offset the bitterness from the beer. Very crisp and crunchy, which is how we like our pizza crust! Made for Photo Swap 2008 (Yea Team 2!) Thanks, Wildflower5656.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (warmed to about 100*F)
- 3 tablespoons Italian style breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients (except breadcrumbs).
- Add beer and knead to smooth (the more you knead it, the chewier it will become!).
- Let rise until doubled in size in a well-oiled bowl.
- Turn out and knead again. Let rise.
- Roll dough out onto pizza pan that has been greased and sprinkled with Italian style bread crumbs (there is no need to "roll" edges, the pizza will rise enough where there are no toppings to create it's own crust).
- Add toppings of your choice, sprinkle crust with more bread crumbs.
- Bake at 400° until golden brown.