Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A co-worker made this for a potluck. Very good.
- 1 (3 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 8 -12 ounces beer (not dark beer)
- 2 (16 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (You can stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds if you like)
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, sliced
- Combine cream cheese, beer and ranch dressing mix.
- It takes a while to get it all combined.
- Once combined place back in the fridge overnight or two to four hours.
- Top with cheese and green onions.
- enjoy with pretzels!
This is a all time favorite recipe of mine! I serve this with a mixture of Wheat Thins and Triscuits and also mix the onions and cheese into the dip. One hint is to bring out of the fridge about a half an hour before you serve it or the crackers will break. Also, if I ever have any left over (rarely) I add it to mashed potatoes. YUM!! Also I have made Twice Baked Potatoes with the Mashed Potato filling. DOUBLE YUM! ENJOY!
Nice dip recipe! I used 8 oz. of beer, and thought that gave it plenty of beer flavor. I used shredded cheddar instead of grated, and just mixed it in rather than top it off with it. It was great with pretzels and wheat thins. Thanks for posting :)