Recipe by kzbhansen
This is a nice twist on cornbread, I hope you like this.
Top Review by Skipp's Kitchen
I made this one night with a batch of my chili. My family didn't like it, it was very dry and bland. Perhaps warm molasses as the recipe states poured over would make it better. We just tried dunking it in the chili.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl stir together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl combine the eggs, milk, beer and oil. Add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix Well.
- Turn into a 8x8x2 pan sprayed with pam.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm with Molasses, Maple syrup, honey or butter.