Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a nice twist on cornbread, I hope you like this.
Make and share this Beer Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- In bowl stir together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl combine the eggs, milk, beer and oil. Add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix Well.
- Turn into a 8x8x2 pan sprayed with pam.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm with Molasses, Maple syrup, honey or butter.
I made this one night with a batch of my chili. My family didn't like it, it was very dry and bland. Perhaps warm molasses as the recipe states poured over would make it better. We just tried dunking it in the chili.
This recipe is terrible!!! It tasted like dust! There's no sugar in it, completely embarrassing to serve this at our football party! Also did NOT take 15 minutes in the oven,more like 40. Test your recipes people. BAD.
This is delicious! I used ale instead of beer and buttermilk instead of plain milk. Turned out great! My husband who usually finds cornbread too dry said this was nice! Thanks!