2 hrs 30 mins
Ms. DMAC's Note:
Chunks of tender stew beef and also ground beef are what makes this recipe truly "meaty". Extra flavor from beer really sets this chili recipe apart. A favorite of mine, always was in my head and decided to finally write it down and submit it. Feel free to play with the spices to your taste, everyone is different!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb stewing beef (cut to 1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili starter
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, beans- drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen white corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1Brown stew meat in a large pot on medium-high heat.
- 2Halfway through browning stew meat, add in the ground beef. Continue until brown and cooked through.
- 3Drain off grease.
- 4Add in chopped onion and garlic. Cook 3 minutes. (add mushrooms now if desired).
- 5Season meat with all of the seasonings, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, cayenne, and onion powder.
- 6Continue to cook on med-high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- 7Add the cans of tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, chili starter, bottle of beer, and corn.
- 8Stir well to combine, simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9Add chopped cilantro if desired now.
- 10Cover and cook on low for 1-2 hours. Adjust the flavor with additional seasonings if needed.
- 11Serve with white corn chips, shredded montery jack cheese, and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Chili Stew
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.7
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 2193.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: