Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is a hit at any "Super Bowl" Party, or just a cold wintery night. You will be surprised at the mild beer flavor. Even though I don't drink beer I do like the taste of this chili.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb zesty hot sausage (Bob Evans)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 1 can tomato juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (or to taste)
- salt & pepper
- 1 can beer, room temp (any brand)
- Cook ground beef,sausage, onion, green pepper, and celery until meat is brown and vegetables are tender.
- Drain the beans, then add the beans and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Last 1/2 hour of cooking add the can of beer and finish cooking.
- *You may spice up this chili as hot as you like it.
This is a great chili recipie. Some hints on the cooking instructions are I first softened the vegatables and set them aside. I then browned the meat and drained it. I used Ro-Tel instead of tomatoes. I also put 1 Tbls of ground cumin in it. The result was wonderful.