Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This always goes over big at parties. Sometimes, when I am not in the mood to cook, I eat this spread on cracker for supper. It's all good.
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (I use extra-sharp)
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beer, allowed to go flat
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until blended.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl or crock; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve at room temperature with assorted crackers.
This was exactly what I wanted when I got home from a hard day of skiing tonight: something snacky, with beer and cheese and a little spice in it! Next time I might back off the garlic a bit -- I love cooked garlic, but I find that a little raw garlic goes a very, very long way. Oh, and I used all cheddar cuz I had no jack cheese (I did have a nice parmesan though). Great spread, can't wait to munch on it after another day on the hill tomorrow!