Top Review by Pets'R'us
Well Mimi I had fun with this recipe. When I tasted it after I had made it I did not think I would like it. But it needed to mature for a week and the flavors became softer, the raw onion flavor disappeared during that time. I have used it during the week on bread, toasted tomato sandwiches, pasta dishes and thinned with sour cream as a dip! I did need more beer then stated in the recipe to get a smooth consistency.
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (do not use preshredded)
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded (do not use preshredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion and garlic in food processor.
- Process until finely chopped.
- Add 1/2 cup beer, ketchup and mayonnaise.
- Process, then add cheeses.
- Process until smooth.
- For smoother consistency, add remaining beer and process.
- Place in a container, cover, and refrigerate 1 week, to blend flavors.