Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (do not use preshredded)
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded (do not use preshredded)
- Place onion and garlic in food processor.
- Process until finely chopped.
- Add 1/2 cup beer, ketchup and mayonnaise.
- Process, then add cheeses.
- Process until smooth.
- For smoother consistency, add remaining beer and process.
- Place in a container, cover, and refrigerate 1 week, to blend flavors.
Well Mimi I had fun with this recipe. When I tasted it after I had made it I did not think I would like it. But it needed to mature for a week and the flavors became softer, the raw onion flavor disappeared during that time. I have used it during the week on bread, toasted tomato sandwiches, pasta dishes and thinned with sour cream as a dip! I did need more beer then stated in the recipe to get a smooth consistency.
I love this recipe too! I don't recall where it came from, but it's quick and easy and depending on the beer you put in it normally has a nice bite to it to go with the heat from the jalapeno cheddar cheese. Thank you so much for posting this recipe!
What did I do wrong? I followed the recipe and this just didn't work for me. I even let left it in the fridge for a week and it still didn't taste good. Maybe it was the beer that I used? The texture wasn't the greatest either. I used block cheese shredded. I am thinking this is my error, so I won't post a rating yet.