1/1 Photo of Beer Cheese Soup in Bread Bowls
A creamy homemade soup fills a warm and tasty, just-baked bread bowl in just 30 minutes.
My Private Note
soup in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pillsbury French bread (Oven Baked frozen crusty French mini-loaves from 13.1-oz bag)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 6 ounces American cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup beer or 1/4 cup non-alcoholic beer
- chopped fresh chives
- 1Bake mini-loaves as directed on bag.
- 2Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 3Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 4Gradually add broth and half-and-half, cooking and stirring until thickened.
- 5Add cheese, Worcestershire sauce and beer.
- 6Reduce heat to low; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and flavors are blended.
- 7Remove loaves from oven; cool 10 minutes.
- 8Cut top off each loaf.
- 9Lightly press centers of loaves down to form bowls.
- 10Place each bread bowl in individual shallow soup plate.
- 11Spoon soup into each bread bowl.
- 12Sprinkle with chives.
- 13Place top of each loaf next to filled bread bowl.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Cheese Soup in Bread Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1137.0
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 96.5 mg
- Sodium 2714.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 140.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 42.0 g