Recipe by snuqueen
This recipe comes from Baby Doe's, a now closed restaurant in Kansas City. It always gets rave reviews from family and friends.
Top Review by LorenLou
Very smooth and creamy, and the worcestershire and tabasco give it the perfect kick! The only negative I would have is that I seemed to taste the "yeast" flavor from the beer a bit.
- 1⁄2 gallon milk (reserve 2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced and cooked
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion (sauteed)
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 bottle Cheez Whiz
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk until warm and steaming.
- Stir in chicken base, worcestershire sauce, and tabasco.
- Add corn starch to reserved milk and blend until smooth.
- Add to soup and stir constantly until thick.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add cooked bacon and sauteed onion.
- Add beer and stir to blend.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.