Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was served at a Mexican party I went to years ago. Every time I serve it, people ask for the recipe. You can sprinkle a hand full of popcorn on top if you would like. Yummy!!!
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup beer
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8 oz.)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Cook carrots and onion in margarine till tender.
- Add flour and blend in smoothly.
- Stir in milk and beer.
- Cook, stirring constantly until liquid comes to boiling and is thickened.
- Add cheese and seasonings and stir till melted.