Recipe by msjill111
When my cousin, Claudia, visits from Arizona I HAVE to make these for her. The addition of beer in them makes them extra creamy and soft on the inside.I know it's not a lot of beer and I've been known to drink the rest of the bottle just so it doesn't go to waste-makes for a nice nap after breakfast LOL. I love these potatoes and always cook two eggs, over medium, and put right on top of the potatoes and mix it all together. YUM!! I aslo add cream cheese to my baked potatoes as well and it's just as good. Hope you enjoy these as much as we do.
- 4 -5 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup shortening
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- whipped cream, cheese-philadelphia brand is the best bar cream cheese works just as well
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12 inch skillet on medium high heat, add oil and potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, flipping occasionaly until lightly brown.
- Reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking untill potatoes are tender.
- Add in beer and cover for about 3 minutes to allow alcohol to cook off.
- Put dots of cream cheese across top of potatoes and cover again.
- When cream cheese begins to melt, remove from heat but leave covered for another minute or so.