Recipe by thepurpleturtle
This is so GOOD!!! I originally got this recipe from a “Best of Bridge” cookbook. I’ve changed the recipe a bit and also expanded the recipe since the original only filled my bread-bowl about a quarter full. It’s so awesome and even reheats well (wrapped in foil in the oven), if you happen to have leftovers. *You can also optionally stir in bacon bits and finely chopped green onion before serving.
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 large round sourdough loaf
- 1 additional sourdough loaf, to serve cubed around the bread-bowl
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except bread. Set aside.
- Hollow out the bread round leaving 1/2” sides. Cut pulled out bread into 1”cubes and also cut additional bread loaf into slices or cubes and put in a plastic bag until ready to serve.
- Fill bread-bowl with cheese mixture, wrap in foil and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Place on a platter and serve with bread cubes and/or slices around the bread-bowl.