Recipe by Karen From Colorado
I haven't made this in a long time but I remember it being very tasty. Posted in a recipe request.
Top Review by Amanda Millikan
We had this for dinner tonight with sourdough bread, califlower, broccoli, green apples, and carrots. It was great. Very similar to The Melting Pot. I used 2 cups of sharp cheddar and 2 cups of a colby jack. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded American cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops bottled hot pepper sauce
- 2⁄3 cup beer
- French bread, cut into bite-size pieces,each with 1 crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Have the cheese at room temp.
- combine cheeses with cornstarch and mustard.
- Toss to coat.
- Add worcestershire and hot sauce.
- Mix well.
- Heat beer in a sauce pan until just warm.
- Gradually add cheese mixture, stirring constantly over med heat until melted.
- Quickly transfer cheese mixture to a fondue pot.
- Place over fondue burner.
- Spear a bread cube with a fondue fork, piercing the crust last.
- Dip the bread into the cheese mixture, swirling to coat and to keep the mixture in motion so it doesn't set.
- If the mixture thickens while standing, stir in more warm beer.