Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Had this on thanksgiving and it is sooo good and you can serve with crackers, pretzels or veggies. Cook time includes chill time
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 ounce hidden valley ranch dressing mix (use 1/2 package)
- 1⁄3 cup beer
- chopped green onion
- assorted pretzels or crackers or vegetables
- Combine cheddar cheese and cream cheese and dip mix. Gradually stir in beer to desired consistency. Add green onions.
- Serve with pretzels, crackers or vegetables.
This was great stuff. I doubled the recipe using Sargento's reduced fat 4 cheese blend with Fat Free Cream Cheese and Corona Light Beer. After reading the other reviews about the hidden valley seasoning I kept it to half an envlope even though I doubled and the seasoning was perfect for us. Thanks for this tasty, easy keeper !
I made this dip today in advance to take as my part of a planned NY Eve dinner party w/friends & then late-nite snacks as we watch fireworks fill the sky. Having read reviewer comments regarding saltiness, I added the dressing mix slowly & did use less than the called for amt. It was tasty, but I felt it needed something extra so I added 2 tbsp chili sauce to give it some zip & sprinkled it w/fresh snipped chives. I like the outcome a lot & am sure it will be enjoyed. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
I thought the dip was OK but the guys loved it. It can turn out a bit salty. I used a little more than half of the packet of ranch dressing and I'm glad because even then I thought that the ranch was very prominent.