Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for parties and get-togethers. I can't remember where I got this recipe, but it has been in my family for over 25 years.
- 1 lb medium cheddar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (hot pepper sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 8 ounces beer
- Grate or shred cheese fine.
- Mix in seasonings and beer.
- Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
- NOTE: This is the original recipe, however feel free to substitute fresh garlic and onion to taste.
I got mixed reviews at the family party I brought this to. I thought it was good but not great. Definitely worth a try.