Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
In response to a request--this is easy and oh so popular!
- 1 jar Cheese Whiz
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 can beer (can use alcohol-free beer if you wish)
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 loaf round sourdough bread or 1 loaf rye bread or 1 loaf pumpernickel bread
- Hollow out the loaf of bread, making large pieces for dipping.
- In a saucepan mix together the Cheese Whiz, beer (using just enough to thin out the cheese to a consistency good for dipping), and Tabasco (hot) sauce.
- Heat to warm through.
- Pour the cheese into the bread bowl and serve warm with bread pieces and crackers.
I admit the idea of using Cheese Whiz is a bit depressing but it keeps the dip smooth and 'dippable' for a long time off the heat. I added too much beer, but otherwise it was very tasty with apples and with pretzels.