Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Makes a nice high dense loaf that is great for grilled cheese, crotons or chili to name a few! Try this once and it will be one of your old stand bys for it is really easy yet impressive. You can play around with adding chives or herbs or different kinds of cheese.... have fun. I did invent this recipe myself just based on basic bread machine principles!
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm flat beer
- 4 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons dried herbs, of your choice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- Pour warm beer into bread maker pan.
- In a large bowl, fluff up or wisk gently together, flour, cheese, sugar and salt.
- Put this mixture on top of beer.
- sprinkle yeast over flour layer.
- near the end of baking, after bread has risen as high as it will get (last 1/2 hour left or so) quickly top loaf with remaining cup of cheese.
- Select "basic bread" and regular crust
- Baking time varies on your machine.
Very nice bread with lots of flavor. I used basil, oregano and thyme. I skipped the addition of the cheese near the end of the cycle, since my machine makes a vertical loaf. I added extra cheese to mix.