Makes a nice high dense loaf that is great for grilled cheese, crotons or chili to name a few! Try this once and it will be one of your old stand bys for it is really easy yet impressive. You can play around with adding chives or herbs or different kinds of cheese.... have fun. I did invent this recipe myself just based on basic bread machine principles!
- Pour warm beer into bread maker pan.
- In a large bowl, fluff up or wisk gently together, flour, cheese, sugar and salt.
- Put this mixture on top of beer.
- sprinkle yeast over flour layer.
- near the end of baking, after bread has risen as high as it will get (last 1/2 hour left or so) quickly top loaf with remaining cup of cheese.
- Select "basic bread" and regular crust
- Baking time varies on your machine.